Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Christian Testimony

Hey, my friends. I have to share something with all of you that has taken me way too long to do it. I wrote this a couple of years ago and posted it to FB....I'm just now getting it to the blog.

A few weeks ago we had a little seminar type deal @ my church called "Every Believer a Witness." It was all about fulfilling our duty as a Christian: sharing Christ and the gospel with the lost and being brave about it. The speaker challenged us to write down our testimony and share it with at least one person the next day, by reading it to them. Well, being a homemaker, all I had was the cat, therefore failed miserably. I'd been feeling mighty poorly about it...conviction is great. But I prayed for God to set up a divine appointment for me. Then God said, "Why don't you email it."....since it was 1:00 in the morning and I probably didn't wanna go on visitation since I might've gotten shot and met Jesus, in the flesh, quicker than I expected. Not to mention, most of my peeps were asleep.

Anyhow, most of you "know" that I'm a Christian but have never heard my testimony, as I may not have heard all of yours. I still plan to share it in person with my "divine appointment" and many more after that but I want my friends and family to know the details of this very special moment in my life RIGHT NOW. So I not only emailed this to my entire email list, but now I'm posting on Facebook. If I catch you in person, we can always talk further, but my heart literally can't wait for that slim to none chance meeting. If you have any questions, please feel free to email, FB message or call me; I'm always available for prayer and will answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability.


(I thought I was saved when I was 6 years old, but I don't remember what I prayed, and not having the understanding of what a real relationship with Jesus was, there wasn't much of a change.)

My life BEFORE I met Jesus:
I walked the walk and talked the talk but I was still missing something: the deep, personal relationship with Jesus. He wasn't my best friend just yet...There was no growth. I was just that "sweet kid that never missed church." I loved Jesus, but didn't really know WHO He was and is. He was more of an "acquaintance," not my friend.

How I came to accept Jesus into my life:
I was at revival at Holly Creek Baptist and during the invitation felt that gentle tug of the Holy Spirit. I leaned over to my friend, Heather and said, "I'm not saved and I want to be." She led me in a sinner's prayer and I asked Jesus to come into my heart. I distinctly remember asking him to "befree me" of my sins. A lot of weight and burden was lifted off of my chunky little 12 yr. old shoulders. I now had a special RELATIONSHIP with my Savior, one just for the two of us. He was my new BFF&A!!!! Praise Him!!!

My life since Jesus came in:
I have a burden for sharing Jesus' message through music and He has given me opportunity after opportunity to do so. I couldn't sing about or for him without him, let alone just sing. And what a blessing to be able to share his message through this wonderful gift He has so graciously given to me. I'm humbled and so unworthy, but also very thankful. I've had ups and downs in my Christian walk and I'm certainly not perfect, but He has never left my side. I know who to go to when it seems all hope is lost. I'm secure in his unchanging faithfulness-just like his word says! I have a BFF for eternity. Besides all this, I now have a spot reserved for me in heaven!


*When all else fails, my Jesus is always there!!!*


Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this. I pray God blesses your day and that you have the opportunity to share your testimony with someone also. I love you all!

Jeremiah 29:11

Lord, bless this note and have your way through it.....For your glory, my Precious Father....

No comments:

Post a Comment