Thursday, December 29, 2011

Your Questions Answered

   I have received endless questioning about the How I Met Your Daddy posts. It's very strange (and fulfilling) that most of my audience consists of the male species. My hat is off to you, guys. I'm impressed! I'm also very happy that I'm connecting with more than just teenage girls; my goal is not to be a Stephenie Meyer but a Brandi Griffin. Many others have been asking about the series as well and I'm writing this post to answer your questions.Here's what I've gotten so far:

1. Where is How I Met Your Daddy? It disappeared!
     How I Met Your Daddy has been removed from the Dawnville Dollar Days blog and posted on a private blog. I have a select number of readers, only 5-7, who are serving as my audience for now. These are people I trust; they read it for what it is, knowing full well I have a long way to go. They also serve as a sounding board: usually the chapter(s) I'm not happy with is the one they love the most. Their feedback is HUGE! They are a range of sex, age, and background, super close friends, distant friends, and of course, family.

2. Why did you remove it?
     I removed the series due to copyright reasons, for one. This story is my art, my work, and my heart. When someone felt the need to plagiarize it, I felt the need to protect it. This was one of God's many little hints that it was going to be more than just a bunch of blog posts. I feel God moving me in the direction of publication with How I Met Your Daddy, therefore, I must keep my readers to a select few and exercise my rights as an artist. Even though it's all true, people are ruthless and will steal for their own glory. However, this story won't be used for anyone's glory but God's. Therefore, it's my job to protect it.

3. Are you going to finish it? 
    YES! It is a work in progress and I'm incredibly emotionally and spiritually attached to it. Therefore, it's taking longer for me to write it. It can take me an entire day to finish one chapter, or it can take me weeks, sometimes a couple of months. Besides this, I'm a full time college student now. I don't have as much time to write as I did before. However, the way my Spring semester is set up, I'm hoping I'll have just a little bit of leeway with writing it. It will be finished, and when it is, you all will be the first to know about it. I still have a long way to go: LOTS of proofreading and tweaking will be done to it. I'm also adding details that I didn't mention because I simply forgot or, as with any piece of work, because this is only the rough draft. The title will also be changed. As of right now, I am on Chapter 26.

4. Did you set out with plans for this to become a book? 
    No, I did not. Some people said they enjoyed reading what I wrote, that maybe I should try a blog. So I did. Those same people, and more, were always asking how I met Jordan. I set out to write a blog post about it one day and the rest is history. God takes us on some wild rides, and due to this one in particular, I'm learning more and more about what He wants for my life. Yes, writing is part of it....


5. When will we be able to read How I Met Your Daddy again? 
    How I Met Your Daddy will be available for you to read when it's published and it becomes a book. Until then, stay tuned to the blog for Nontraditional College Student posts, and of course, Dawnville Dollar Happenings posts. This is why I encourage you to become "followers" of the blog: so you're not out of the loop with the book and you're not out of the loop with every other post. 

   I hope this answers your questions; these are the ones I've been asked so far. If you have more, feel free to ask me and I'll do my dead level best to answer them. Keep me in your prayers in the meantime. God is showing me some great things right now and I have some special projects I'm working on. It's enough to say that I will not be a one book, or one type of book, woman. Jordan and I are excited to see what God has in store for us; we're excited to see where all of this will take us in our ministry for Him. And we can't WAIT to share it with you guys!!! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment